Cannot connect to wireless

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Okay, so my girl has a G4 Powerbook, 1.33ghz, 1gb ram, 10.4.11, etc, etc..

It hasn't been used since January as she left her power cable at her sisters.

Now, when she turned it on, it connects to the wireless network, pulling a 192.168.1.103 IP, which is fine. However, it says the router IP is 192.168.1.254, which seems odd to me.

It's a Linksys WRT54G Router (I do not have access to it, as it is not my router). But having owned this exact router in the past, I know the IP of the router (default gateway) should be 192.168.1.1

She can see my PC laptop on the network, and I can see hers, however, she cannot get access to the Internet. I've tried manually entering IP's and such to no avail. I've even tried making new Locations and all that too. Everything is how it should be, but it's not working properly (sounds like Windows, hah).

The system clock had to be reset, which was done fine. Tried restarting as well.

Any idea what's going on?

EDIT: After doing some research, apparently a router's IP ending in 254 is normal.. Also, I can connect via ICS from my windows laptop, and have done all updates that were available, but still nothing on the Airport.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.