I would like to buy a Mac and I have some questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
still looking for that right Mac
This is not a reply to you Jchance but is a request for some help. I am about to buy first Mac. I am looking at 24inch I am buying from, best buy. Is ther a new Mac coming out soon? Should I wait? is Best Buy? Need some help Am I posting in the right area

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHZ 13.3 160GB GFORCE9400
There is alwayes rumors out their

but I guess we cannot put our finger on exact date . I guess that the fact the Imac was not updated for a while should say something but we cannot know for sure

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
It's been almost a year since the iMac was last updated, so it's likely that it will be updated pretty soon. But you never know. The Mac Mini has gone well over a year with no updates so if you just sit and wait, there's no telling how long it could take.

Of course because Apple has ignored their desktops for so long, there are always crazy rumors that they're going to just kill them all off and only sell notebooks and the Mac Pro, but that's a bit farfetched.

Also, personally, I'd buy a Mac from Amazon. Free shipping, no sales tax. Or buy one from the Apple refurbished store - they are sold at pretty nice discounts and they have the same warranty as a brand new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
But...you can't get Reward Zone points on Amazon. :)

Also...when I bought my MacBook at Best Buy, the 18 months of interest-free financing was REALLY nice. Paid it off in twelve months. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This is not a reply to you Jchance but is a request for some help. I am about to buy first Mac. I am looking at 24inch I am buying from, best buy. Is ther a new Mac coming out soon? Should I wait? is Best Buy? Need some help Am I posting in the right area

There has been talk that the iMac line of desktop machines is due for an overhaul sometime this Spring. Some folks have said it should be announced around April or so. But those are rumors and conjecture. Only Apple knows for sure.

Best Buy is as good a place to purchase from as any other Mac reseller. They offer the standard Applecare extended warranty or one of their own. They do on occasion offer special financing which can be nice especially when the interest rate is low or extended payments.

If you do decide on Best Buy, get the Applecare warranty not the one offered by Best Buy. You never know when a company is going to go into bankruptcy nowadays rendering their warranty worthless. Take a lesson from those folks who had extended warranties from Circuit City or CompUSA. :Angry-Tongue:

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.