Keep awake when closed?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a feeling this is a dumb question, but here goes anyway:

I have just connected by MBP15" original (pre-unibody) to an analog PAL TV using the Apple DVI to Video cable, PAL version. It works beautifully.

The 'BUT' is that the moment I close the laptop screen the MBP goes to sleep.

So without laughing at me too much ;) , please tell me how to keep it awake while closed.

Thanks!

Ken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Try this:
insominaX

However I have heard multiple times that heat may be a problem when you have your lid closed and the machine still running. Not sure how correct that is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Reports of heat building up under the screen and damaging components have been widely exaggerated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
if you have an external keyboard and mouse, when you close the lid and press a key, it will also wake up

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Insomniax works great. I'll probably end up with a wireless Mighty Mouse and keyboard but not yet, especially as the Aussie Apple Store is out of them.

Ken.

OP
W
Reaction score
Hey Scathe,

I'm into rc gliders and electrics too! I have an Xperience Pro and a Caracho, plus a Multiplex Cularis which I'm replacing with something better performing.

What's that lovely e-glider in your avatar?

Ken.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.