• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Best Video converter on Mac

Reaction score
Hi im a noob when it comes to MAC but I jump the bandwagon because vista is so much slow. My question is what is the best video converter on MAC or is there any out there that is freeware.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
IMHO, Handbrake gets the job done nicely. It has a set or presets too if you want to encode videos for certain devices.

Reaction score
Personally I have found visualhub to be the best!...
though its discontinued now...I guess you might be able to get a copy somewhere....
I would seriously recommend it!...

I you just wanna convert for an ipod..you could also use ISquint..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It is amazing how many times this questions gets asked.

We have a lot of what we call "Q & A spammers". They sign up with two accounts, one to post the question, the other to answer it with their crap product as the answer. In fact, I just nuked one of them out of this thread, because their latest tactic is to find old threads and respond to them.

It certainly helps when people use the "report post" function, which is how I identified this particular one.

Keep up the good work, folks!

Reaction score
We have a lot of what we call "Q & A spammers". They sign up with two accounts, one to post the question, the other to answer it with their crap product as the answer. In fact, I just nuked one of them out of this thread, because their latest tactic is to find old threads and respond to them.

It certainly helps when people use the "report post" function, which is how I identified this particular one.

Keep up the good work, folks!

That is very good to know. I was wondering why we had so many of these threads each week and why people wouldn't just use the search function. Thanks for the info.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The spammers are getting very sly also, willing to spend even more time on a forum to make their posts appear as legitimate.

Like Infancier above - 1st post was to respond to the "Q" spammer with one of the typical spammer DVD rippers - and the one above - listing the "Shareware" rippers - they're all the same piece of software with different front ends - the spammers don't care which one of them you buy - because it's all going to the same place

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.