Problems removing Flip4mac files

Reaction score
Hi all, im new to these mac forums but this application Flip4mac has driven me to the edge this afternoon, so i apologize if my thread is under wrong category. A few weeks ago I was trying to move some movie files onto my imac OS X Version 10.4.11 and found a few programs (flip4mac being one of them) that could help me do this.

To make a long story short I have decided that I can not be bothered with the process at this time, and to add to my disappointment I have found numerous articles pertaining to "bugs" in flip4mac software. Now I am not interested in any fixes or alternative programs for the issue..

What i would like is to remove all the Flip4mac files from my hard drive now.
Before anyone tells me to run the uninstaller I'll bring it to light that it does not work. So I have managed to remove the majority of files and folders associated with flip4mac although 2 files still remain and won't allow me to erase them. Files are names:
"Flip4mac WMV Advanced"
&
"Flip4mac WMV component"

after i drag these files to trash and select empty trash this is message i receive:
"The operation can not be completed because the item Flip4mac... is in use"

I've been pouring over pages and pages of similair problems yet no listed solutions have done the trick for me. Does anyone have any ideas?
:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
Have you tried "Secure Empty Trash" in the Finder menu?

OP
M
Reaction score
haha, i hadn't seen that option. Files are erased for good, thanks for making it that easy lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
Glad it worked... :)

Reaction score
For future reference, the files are in use by the system.
If you drag them to the trash, then logout/login they can then be deleted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.