Early Core Duo 2.0 GHZ MBP (Jan.2006) and upgrade questions

Reaction score
Hi and hello, first post here..

I have an early (January 2006) MacBook Pro Core Duo (not Core 2 Duo) , its the 2.0 GHz. I currently have two 1 GB Ram modules and would like to upgrade (use plenty of Lightroom,FinalCut, Realviz Stitcher, etc). I have been asking in the local Mac dealers and they give me contradictory information: one says I can´t install any more RAM, another says I can go up to 3GB and a third one says that he sees no reason why i couldn´t go up to 4GB..!! Can anyone here help me out with this one?

I have also read that having different RAM modules (2GB and 1GB) is not very convenient, if so could someone explain?.

Also I am trying to find out if I can upgrade my Airport from 802.11.g to 802.11.n. Is that possible at all in my machine?

And a last question: I want to install a bigger hard drive and I would want it to be a 7.200 rpm one. What is the largest drive I should install in my machine, 320GB maybe?

Thanks in advance for all the help and the kind replies.

E.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
The maximum amount of RAM for that MacBook is 2 GB. You should always install in matched pairs, such as 1 GB x 2. You can't upgrade the Airport card. Any 2.5" SATA HDD should work just fine. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.