any good sites to buy ram?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
i want to upgrade my pbook with 1 gig of ram.. unfortunately, when i went to kingston and crucial's website - i noticed the price for 1 gig of ram was a startlng $600+

is there any online stores you guys can recommend for good ram.. preferably kingston or crucial.. anyone using kingmax? the 1 gig ram by them seem a whole lot affordable then king ./ crucial

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
K

kingcrowing2

Well i'm about to buy a 12" pbook, and it only has 128MB RAM (it's the first gen, 867MHz) and i've bought stuff from OWC and there really good. I was looking on their site and for like $90 i can get 512MB, or like $230 for a gig... they say the gig stick workd "guarenteed" on my modle, but on lowendmac.com they say(er... i guess apple says) the max it'll take is 640MB (128MB built in+512MB DIMM) so i don't know if i should risk it... or is it even worthe the exter 512MB for $130???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I just bought a stick of Kbyte 512MB RAM PC2700/PC3200 yesterday at Best Buy for $85 + tax. I couldn't pass it up. Kbyte may not be the best but I installed it yesterday and its fine so far.

M

menace3054

4allmemory.com is by far the best deal. 1gb chip for 220, 512mb chip for 90

I

IChing

menace3054 said:
4allmemory.com is by far the best deal. 1gb chip for 220, 512mb chip for 90

I bought my 1gig from them and have had no problems and a lifetime guarantee, had it for 1.5 months, they were fast and paid for the shipping at the time I bought it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 12" 1.33ghz PowerBook G4 w/ 1280mb RAM, 80gb 5400rpm HD, 64mb vid RAM
www.newegg.com is the best.
Apple laptops use regular plain-jane notebook ram. There's no difference.
Newegg has 1gb chips for $185 and 512 for around $90. They also have great customer service and return policies. Their stuff never fails to come at least a day early, too.
Oh, and free shipping on many items.

I

IChing

tariq said:
not necessarily.

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4158153

1GB stick for $159.99USD. Many Apple users have bought it and had no problems

Heard good things too, but no one has had it for more than a year, so I back out with only a 1 year guarantee, I was tempted but felt more secure with a lifetime guarantee after reading about memory.
$159 -220 is what a gig should cost from most retailers vs the $280-600 price range we see.

S

sursuciofla

pkny said:
i want to upgrade my pbook with 1 gig of ram.. unfortunately, when i went to kingston and crucial's website - i noticed the price for 1 gig of ram was a startlng $600+

is there any online stores you guys can recommend for good ram.. preferably kingston or crucial.. anyone using kingmax? the 1 gig ram by them seem a whole lot affordable then king ./ crucial

$238.99 for www.archmemory.com and it's free shipping and no tax if you don't live in their base state. I got my GB stick from there and it works great. They have a good return policy and same lifetime warranty just like any other place that sells it.

:mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.