Slow Startup

Reaction score
About a week ago I opened up my macbook to wake it up out of sleep mode. The problem was when I opened it nothing happened, it was still asleep. I touched the track pad, I pressed the keys, I closed it and left it alone for awhile and nothing worked. I had to go to class so I just shut it off and restarted it. The problem is, every time I start up the computer now it takes about 5 times as long as it used to. I don't know what the problem is or what to do. Any help would be appreciated. My macbook is only about 4 months old so its still in great shape except for this slight problem.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
As I told someone else, the recent Security Update has been causing some problems in terms of startup. For some, startup has taken increasingly longer than it usually does. Have you installed the recent Security Update?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.