Mac OS X 10.8 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition

R

Righty491

Mac OS X 10.2.8 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition

Hi, I work at a high school, and we have a coupl of macs running OS X 10.2.8, and was wondering how to get them to connect to windows server 2003 standard edition, and if i need to make registery changes on the server and whatnot.

Thank You

OP
K

kabwon

nope, i am running 10.3.8 and have a win 2003 SE server at home. all works fine, just add in your IP (same scope as server), server IP (as gateway if you are running inet over LAN) , Subnet mask to the same as the server. then open finder and look under network, should show up there :)

OP
I

imagi_n8

here's how you can connect

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?pid=windows2000sfm

windows client side software that will allow you to connecto trhough finder. Once installed, from Finder look to the top Menu for Go, then connect to server (apple + K). Set the IP of the windows machine you want to connect to (assuming the share was created correctly from Computer Manager's share wizard specifying a Macintosh share) and supply a valid windows user and pass... done

Righty491 said:
Hi, I work at a high school, and we have a coupl of macs running OS X 10.2.8, and was wondering how to get them to connect to windows server 2003 standard edition, and if i need to make registery changes on the server and whatnot.

Thank You

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.