Aggregate Device Problems

Reaction score
I have done some research and found out that Apple has built into Core Audio these things called "aggregate devices". Supposedly, all one has to do to set this up is open AMS, go into Audio>Open Aggregate Device Editor and click the + button. Then just simply check the devices that one wishes to use (in my case the Built-in Input, the Built-in Microphone, and the Built-in Output) select one for the clock and click done.

However, it has not been quite that easy. I open the Aggregate Device Editor and make a new aggregate device. But when I try to check the devices that I wish to use, the check boxes will not check. I click and click but they just won't work. They aren't greyed out or anything because when I hold down the mouse button on them, they change darker. I have made sure that all the devices that I am trying to add have the same sample rate and bit depth, and I have tried it after a quick restart several times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--pnoisgr8

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.