My sexy hot new PB but have some dislikes...

Reaction score
I recently bought the powerbook g4 1.67ghz 17inch. I must admit its an amazing machine. It is noticebly slower than my 1.7ghz pentium m dothan. Well no kidding dothans runs cirlces around my pb. But i must admit I love the sleekness of the powerbook g4 and it just looks professional. I must admit this is my first apple and I love it!!! I think im goign to buy an powermac but im going to wait untilthey relase the 3ghz version. And I really cant wait till the pb g5 gets here. Trust me folks its coming!! Either that or some suped up g4 running at over 2.2ghz and 600mhz bus yea i doubted freescale will ever come up with that. I have more trust on ibm well im getting off topic but I have to say I love macs but im still keeping my laptop to do rendering and photoshop. I downloaded a trial version on my powerbook omg huge difference on my windows. I mean huge differnce. I guess those g4's apple uses are pushing them to their max limit. I dont know how much further those slow chips can go. But w.e. i love the backlight keyboard and I love how cool and it hardly ever makes hd and fan noises. I give this pb 10/10 besides for the slow preformance!

OP
P
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a cute pink case for my powerbook? Like see im going to college and I want to look so cute!

M

meltbanana314

I wouldn't get a case. Thieves specifically look for laptop cases, esp. the name brands like Targus, Samsonite, and Kensington. I know that style is probably high on your list, but look into buying a cheapo backpack (not a bag) from your local super-mart and placing it in there. People will just assume you have books or folders/papers in there and will therefore be less likely to steal your expensive PowerBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
try googling acme-made laptop bags.. the "designer slim" - there is a pink one i believe..

i'm gonna get one myself for my 12" but a nice sleek black one.. the cases are very contempoary and minimal..

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
If you really want to be on the DL, you could get a pizza box. LOL.

OP
P
Reaction score
Ohh i forgot to mention my windows laptop is pink! So If anyone will have suggestion if i can get my powerbook g4 pink it will be totally fabulous!

OP
P
Reaction score
meltbanana314 said:
I wouldn't get a case. Thieves specifically look for laptop cases, esp. the name brands like Targus, Samsonite, and Kensington. I know that style is probably high on your list, but look into buying a cheapo backpack (not a bag) from your local super-mart and placing it in there. People will just assume you have books or folders/papers in there and will therefore be less likely to steal your expensive PowerBook.
Dont worry I have my big Bf to protect me from those like people. I just wnat one too look cute like im going to college. I have to have a good reputaion! I hate cheapo bags like one time I had to fly coach im not kidding and i almost died!! OHHHHH THAT WAS SO HORRIBLE. ohh my god im wondering what my bf is getting me for valentines day.

M

myjay610

PutericanBeauty said:
I recently bought the powerbook g4 1.67ghz 17inch. I must admit its an amazing machine. It is noticebly slower than my 1.7ghz pentium m dothan. Well no kidding dothans runs cirlces around my pb. But i must admit I love the sleekness of the powerbook g4 and it just looks professional. I must admit this is my first apple and I love it!!! I think im goign to buy an powermac but im going to wait untilthey relase the 3ghz version. And I really cant wait till the pb g5 gets here. Trust me folks its coming!! Either that or some suped up g4 running at over 2.2ghz and 600mhz bus yea i doubted freescale will ever come up with that. I have more trust on ibm well im getting off topic but I have to say I love macs but im still keeping my laptop to do rendering and photoshop. I downloaded a trial version on my powerbook omg huge difference on my windows. I mean huge differnce. I guess those g4's apple uses are pushing them to their max limit. I dont know how much further those slow chips can go. But w.e. i love the backlight keyboard and I love how cool and it hardly ever makes hd and fan noises. I give this pb 10/10 besides for the slow preformance!

What???

J

jbsengineer

PutericanBeauty said:

just out of curiousity... what is slow about your pb? i had a 2.4ghz gateway p4 laptop. and my powerbook 1.5ghz kicks the heck out of it from surfing to rendering.....

Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
E

Eleven

I am new here but not new to message boards, that is definitely a very severe case of trolling...

BTW Colorware stuff looks WICKED, whether I get an iMac or a PB it will be from them...

J

jbsengineer

Eleven said:
I am new here but not new to message boards, that is definitely a very severe case of trolling...

BTW Colorware stuff looks WICKED, whether I get an iMac or a PB it will be from them...

dont mean to be ignorant.... trolling?

Josh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.