What comes on the discs?

adz

Reaction score
What comes on the 2 discs that I got with my macbook?
There is the operating system one and then there is another?
I've heard Gimp is on one?

Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Gimp is not on either of the disks. You will need to download it and it's free so not a biggie.

At a minimum, the 2nd disk has the iLife version that shipped with your Mac.
If you'd like to know for sure everything what's there, pop the disk into your machine and browse the contents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
sorry adz, but that is kinda a lame question :) no offence, but it's like calling a friend to ask about the contents of a letter you have in your hand ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
One disc is the OS itself, the other is everything else. ;) Okay that everything else would be the Xcode development kit which gives you an IDE and a C compiler, along with other goodies like X11 et. al. You only really need those if you're going to a) write applications for Mac OS X, b) compile the Darwinports and other stuff to get neat command line utilities or c) have a need to run X11 apps.

I have two out of those three, but you never know if you might want to bang out an app or two.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.