Windows-formatted Ipod on a Mac?

Reaction score
A few years ago, I bought an iPod Classic 80g that was loaded and formatted for Windows. I now have a Mac. My question is: Can I sync my pc-formatted iPod on my mac? I hook it to my iTunes, the mac sees the iPod, but I cannot synch. What do I need to do, if anything, to make it work? Or, do I need to buy a new iPod that is formatted for Macs?

Reaction score
If your iPod was formated under FAT32, you will be able to access and transfer anything to it. Otherwise you cannot do that. Remember if you sync with another computer, you'll have the risk of loose your actual data. You do not have to buy another iPod to use with mac, if do not work, you can make a backup on a PC, format your iPod on MAC and then restore your backup. Just one thing, my iPod 80GB is Windows Formated and works fine with my iMac. I've tested to format my iPod on MAC and try to use on windows, and it's not possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.