New software, new gig of ram, and time capsule

Reaction score
I hope I am posting this in the right place... I recently purchased Time Capsule, Mac box set ( I currently have tiger so macbox includes Leopard), Apeture 2, and adobe photoshop cs4...

my question is: what to do first,
Start Time Capsule, back up whole computer and my 2 external hard drives?
Install the gig of ram first,
should I uninstall my current software: apeture, photoshop cs,

I am a photographer with tons and tons of images, I am terrified I will do something wrong and loose information or go to open an image later with the new software and it might be damaged, unreadable,lost etc..

Also, If this has already been addressed, I apologize. Would you direct me to the correct thread?
Thanks so much
Belinda

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Install the memory first and then make sure your machine recognizes it and is working OK.

You shouldn't have to uninstall your current software. I'm assuming it's installed on your internal hard drive. If you're planning on updating Tiger to Leopard, backup everything first. If possible, verify the backup.

Make sure you have all your original software CDs\DVDs and registration keys where you can access them in the event you do need to reinstall an application.

After everything is backed up to a safe place (especially your photos and other work) then upgrade the operating system to Leopard. That will also install the new software you received with the Mac Box Set. If you have other software to install such as Aperture 2 and Adobe PS4, you can do that also.

Then install and hook up your Time Capsule. One note: Make sure all your photos and work are kept separate. Time Machine will start making backups to your new Time Capsule.

Sounds like you're going you're going to have lots of fun. :)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.