It's Feb 2009, how long till new update to macbook pro

Reaction score
So I have decided I can live with my current Macbook Pro for the time being, seeing as my dad and brother now have the newest models, I want the next best thing, of course...so what do you all believe will be the soonest month that a new model may come out? And what can we expect to see packed under the hood this time?

Peace/Love/Joy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 250gb
Are you talking about when will a new macbook pro will be coming out or a new software update for them?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
No one would know that but Apple. Anything else is mere rumor and speculation. As always, buy the machine that suits your needs when you need it, and it will continue to do what you bought it for long after an updated model is released.

Also, this thread doesn't belong in Rumors & Reports (see the sticky at the top of that forum). Moving appropriately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If Apple is sticking with its usual update schedule, expect hardware updates in late Spring, somewhere around April/May. Could possibly be a little later to allow for Snow Leopard's scheduled release in June, though it's unlikely as Apple doesn't do hardware announcements at WWDC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.53ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 320GB 7200rpm HDD, nVidia 9400m & 9600m GT (512MB)
So I got me and my girlfriend new Macbooks, I got the 2.53ghz pro and she got the 2.0ghz unibody macbook.

Should we have waited to get the new models if they will be out here in the next couple months?

Does apple usually do pretty big updates to their hardware when releasing a new line of macbooks?

These are our first apple computer products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.53ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 320GB 7200rpm HDD, nVidia 9400m & 9600m GT (512MB)
Thanks for the info cwa107

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
As with all computers, Apple does incremental updates in processor speed, GPU, standard memory, etc. There should be no major revisions considering that the entire MacBook/Pro line has had a recent overhaul.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.