Restoring with Time machine

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What exactly do you want to do? Do you want to install OS X clean and then restore your applications, or do you want to restore everything at once?

You can restore everything at once (OS X and your applications\data) by booting with your Leopard DVD. Take a look at this article which shows how to restore from Time Machine.

Link

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Well, My mac has become pretty crashy and I am in bad need of a clean reinstall. I have a tiger OS disk and a leopard upgrade disk both came with my mac. Once I've got tiger reinstalled I guess I need to install leopard. Then what to get my apps and data back?

OP
S
Reaction score
OK, everything's fine now. It was extremely crashy and glitchy. Lots of video flickering and stuff. So what I did was run time machine on a new external hard drive. Then put in that leopard upgrade disk and chose the option for an erase fresh install. Upon the first boot it gave me the option to restore from a Time Machine drive. Then after about 2 hours I was back with a fresh, smooth running machine.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, great. The article I linked you to shows how to do that. Glad it worked out for you. Have fun.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.