Any Mac Mini users?

Reaction score
I would like to hear some Mac Mini owners opinions:

Is it worth buying the Mac Mini?

It costs about another £50 for the keyboard + mouse,
and the Apple LED Moniter is like £300, altogether ending up the same price as the iMac!

Is it worth going for the Mac Mini, or should I just save up more money for the iMac?

I would be mainly using it for some games, (i.e., L4D, CoD 4 + 5)
I suppose the iMac would be good in the long run...
I would like some opinions =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Mac Mini was made for you to use the keyboard and monitor you already had. Buying Apple branded accessories is completely optional. If you must have Apple branded then go with the iMac like you have already stated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
If you get a Mac Mini I would suggest picking up an inexpensive Logitech wired keyboard and mouse and using an inexpensive, smaller LCD (19-22") from Acer or Hanns-G or the like. They aren't quite as nice as the Apple monitor, but they're much, much cheaper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
I agree, I'm using a Mac Mini right now, and I have a Dell monitor and Kensington mouse. Any monitor will work really, and I've heard that the Mighty Mouse can be a little of a chore to upkeep. I do have an Apple keyboard, only because I was able to get a good deal on it from craigslist. Sorry, I don't really play games on it, so I couldn't say which would be better for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
Another good keyboard is the MacAlly iceKey. Not too expensive, Mac layout, and it has USB ports on it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.