Can't see vista machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New alloy macbook
Hi All

Am still new to the mac and have been trying to set up some printers. My current work network has 10 xp machines and 1 vista machine on a workgroup with a 2003 server used for mail.

I managed somehow to add a epson printer to mac from 1 of the windows xp machine fine when I first got the mac, now I am trying to add an hp printer from a vista machine and have no joy.

I can see the xp machine and have setup the workgroup in the wins section but still cant see the vista machine when trying to add a printer. Is there a place where I can specify the smb address as I can see files on this machine.

As I could see the 2003 server I added the printer to that and shared it, test prints worked fine from server to vista machine. Added shared 2003 server printer to mac and when I print it then sits in the spooler on the 2003 server and never prints

Can anyone help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.