any way to level volumes on random mp3 mixes?

Reaction score
i have mp3 gain, but i dont find it very effective, basically i have gigs of music and am always mixing and matching compilations, but volumes go up and down ALOT (+ or - 50%) even after mp3gain ing the 'playlist' i tunes.

means im always adjusting the volume :(

am i using it (mp3 gain) wrong ?

or is there a nice effective way of getting my mac to get all the volumes close within 3% ?

any help apreciated..............

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
Go to itunes<Preferences<Playback, Then check the box soundcheck. This may take a while, but will level out the volume.

OP
Reaction score
Go to itunes<Preferences<Playback, Then check the box soundcheck. This may take a while, but will level out the volume.

yea on the puter its all good, its when i burn a disk or transfer into an mp3 player :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im pretty sure it will sync them all up, even for when you burn or transfer them. For me it was a pretty extensive process (about 17gbs of music) that went through each song one by one. Have you already done it?

OP
Reaction score
Im pretty sure it will sync them all up, even for when you burn or transfer them. For me it was a pretty extensive process (about 17gbs of music) that went through each song one by one. Have you already done it?

that button/feature is turned on, no way i can see to 'run' it thru all songs that i can see?

like a 'start' button?
:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just check the box and click "OK". I just did it and now it is going through all the songs I've added since the last time I did it. It says "Determining Song Volume: Analyzing song ## of ###" in the box that normally says the song title when you're listening to it in itunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.