Time Zone keeps changing

Reaction score
I am just getting started using my new macbook (using OSX 10.5.5), and I can't keep the time zone from slipping back to GMT, so my e-mail and calendar events are listed as 5 hours later than they should be. I go into the time zone menu and change it to EST. It shows up on the map as EST, but when I close the window it resets itself to GMT, regardless of whether I've locked it or not. Help! I've searched the Help menu, but can't find anything useful. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
System Prefs > first tab > date & time > did you tick set date & time automatically? then set the closest time.apple.com. probably Europe.
The next tab ~ set the closest city in your time zone.
Restart your Mac to check that the setting stay. If not please come back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook OS X
I am having the same issue. I tried what was recommended and it is still slipping back to GMT. The time itself stays to what I set it but the time zone slips back. I do not set automatically to apple time. any other suggestions??

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook OS X
ya forgot t include that...i think the lock is broken! The time zone changes even with it locked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.