itunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
why can't i change artist and song info in itunes. i really just need to enter track info. i was able to do it with my PC. why not with the ibook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can. Ctrl Click on the song and hit get info....type in whatever you want

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
trpnmonkey41 said:
You can. Ctrl Click on the song and hit get info....type in whatever you want

i tried that and it doesn't work, i looks like i can change them under info, but i can't select or rename anything. i can't even change the music type; country, rap, jazz. not sure what to do here.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Was the music copied from a CD or from your PC? What is going on is the permissions are set wrong for the folder where your music is stored. Go to that folder and right click or Control Click if you have a Mac mouse, click get info then go down to the sharing or owner and change it from Read Only to Read and Write. That will work. Some of my music that I had stored on CD's was that way. That fixed it. If it's set to Read Only you can not modify it.

Hope that helps you out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i had been wondering the same thing. Thanks for the info

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.