Web Client Goes Insane

M

mkwick

SO- this is a post I am not used to leaving. I finished a site for someone at a very, very low cost. He began with having me take all the creative freedom I wanted. The first draft he did not like, the second one I changed for him exactly what he said he wanted again. He arrived the other day and asked me to put all his bad, bad, bad, outsider art/ child art on the site. He is a musician, a very talented one, but limited in social skills.

Outsider art can be great.... but man.....

I am not posting his site address. It is too embarrassing. Now he is complaining again.

Has anybody had a bad experience like this? I have never had someone dissatisfied, in fact now I am having people line up for my work...

I think I am going to give him part of his money back and ask him to find someone else. Someone who will charge him alot more and so he can waste the time of someone else.

-the annoyedand abused designer....

OP
D

d-funct

We've all had crappy customers ... My lastest one has insisted that I use his logo with some stupid buttons in it for the menu, totally ignoring the fact that it would take a user on a modem about 30 secs for it to load ... then he tried to get us to make part of it move for him for free .... hmmmm for £200 hes getting an 9 page web-site and he wants a free flash menu making up ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yikes.. that's pretty bad.. I've had some doozie's myself.. they are always fun :) *sarcasm* It's good for me though.. teaches me patience.

OP
F

funky

Just do it, just use a screenshot of the "before he made it crappy" in your portfolio. :)

OP
C

ChicoWeb

Artists are always the most hardest to please. I've done some work for a few in the day and they are hard to satisfy as they think they are also designers. Good luck with that though.

Reaction score
mkwick said:
SO- this is a post I am not used to leaving. I finished a site for someone at a very, very low cost. He began with having me take all the creative freedom I wanted. The first draft he did not like, the second one I changed for him exactly what he said he wanted again. He arrived the other day and asked me to put all his bad, bad, bad, outsider art/ child art on the site. He is a musician, a very talented one, but limited in social skills.

Outsider art can be great.... but man.....

I am not posting his site address. It is too embarrassing. Now he is complaining again.

Has anybody had a bad experience like this? I have never had someone dissatisfied, in fact now I am having people line up for my work...

I think I am going to give him part of his money back and ask him to find someone else. Someone who will charge him alot more and so he can waste the time of someone else.

-the annoyedand abused designer....

yeah I would move hold because his going to hold you back on other clients if his not pleased. I had someone like this and I told them to find someone else in a nice tone of course. Told them I was sorry I was not able to meet their needs (I was doing this for free also).

OP
R

Rhinocerous

I was doing a website for free, also, for a famous Chinese ballerina and her dancewear store. I would drive about an hour every so often to meet with her and the basic return was that she'd buy me dinner when I'd come visit. At some point she started getting snappy with me telling me I wasn't doing it fast enough and she wanted it to be an e-commerce site, etc, and I had to let her know if that I wasn't getting paid for it (the food was less than the gas, lol) so I finally did a fast draw-up of the site and put it up for her. She didn't like the layout so I told her that's all I had time for (I was working at a magazine about 60 hours a week at the time) and I just never contacted her again.

I do regret it, though, because she was a very nice woman but when you mix business with friendship, it never turns out too well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.