Help

Reaction score
I've got a a Macbook, and something weird has happened. When I switched it on this morning, everything had reverted back to its original settings, for example, my desktop had changed from being a personal photo of mine, back to being the generic blue background macs have when you buy them. Also the dock has gone back to its original format (applications such as skype, messenger etc are no longer there.) When I opened iTunes up, luckily all my music was still there, but the computer spent about 20 minutes reinstalling everything.
Does anyone know what's happened, and why it's done this?
Many thanks.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you by any chance rename your user folder?

OP
K
Reaction score
No not at all. I'm fairly 'special' when it comes to computers, so I try not to change any settings.

My friend charged his iPhone on it yesterday. Would this just be a coincidence?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
did you change the account? look in System Preferences under Accounts to see if you have more accounts there ... under Login options of this panel, you can choose the automatic login account

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.