New Mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I was at Fry's in Sacramento this morning and they had some Minis in stock-- 1.42 Gig w/ the 80 gig hard drive. So...I decided not to wait for the BTO from Apple and went ahead and got one. Just fired it up and came here to post. I guess the first order of business will be to get some extra memory and a USB hub.

Anyways, I'm impressed with how quiet it is and how small and nice looking it is. Goes great with my new iPod photo!

Reaction score
Sweet, I am enjoying mine. Kind of wierd that your iPod almost cost as much as your mac mini. Circuit City has 512mb sticks for $50 after rebates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I don't think that normal memory sticks from circuit city will cut it. It probably needs a specific kind of RAM. I think it takes PC2700. And even then it needs to be high quality, like Corsair or Crucial.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i was going to get a mini. i think that they are incredible for what they cost.

E

Echo_

why would it need to be high quality, apple doesnt even use that high quality ram themselves

Reaction score
Echo_ said:
why would it need to be high quality, apple doesnt even use that high quality ram themselves

It doesn't, I have tried a Samsung stick(cheap stuff) in it which worked fine then the Kingston ValueRam(also cheap) which I got at CC also worked just fine. Both were PC3200, which is actually what came in the mini. The original ram in the mini was Hynix, not exactly the best name, but not bad either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.