Photoshop crop reduced to a dot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
All of a sudden all of the images I crop are reduced to a spec, a dot, a blip on the screen. Why is this? I must've adjusted some size settings, but I don't know which ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
try the "tool preferences" ... when you have the crop tool active, there is a width/height/resolution field in the top in the place where you can set the size of a brush/text font and stuff like that ... maybe you only have the size set to something like 1px

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
try the "tool preferences" ... when you have the crop tool active, there is a width/height/resolution field in the top in the place where you can set the size of a brush/text font and stuff like that ... maybe you only have the size set to something like 1px

Thanks! But now all my resized images are coming out extremely pixelated. For example:

rice-01.jpg

How can I fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
how much did you resize it depending on the original image? it will happen when you blow up a very small image, then there's not much you can do

you could apply a sharpen filter of some kind or noise reduction, but once the image information is gone, all you can do is hide it somehow and make it look smoother or something :D

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, thanks!

Second problem I'm suddenly having is this: using Text tool, background suddenly turns pink and I can't create any new layers. Upon exiting Text tool, the text turns into that "Moving Ants" Selection tool. Any idea what this may be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
you need to first finish your text layer before moving on, you can pres cmd+enter to finish with the text tool, so after typing your text you can then make new layers or move your text around, but you cant type and edit the layer at the same time

you can pres cmd+d to deselect everything that has a marquee around it (you can still move layers, that's not dependant on marquee selection)

edit:
you can actually make new layers while the text tool is active and you are typing, creating a new layer will finish the text layer

maybe you could specify on your problem?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is there just a way to return all PS settings to default?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
press cmd+option+shift when you click on the ps.app icon, you will get a window asking to restore back to defaults

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.