Failing to boot up by battery

Reaction score
I have recently begun having issues with my macbook, whenever I remove the macbook from the main power source it cuts out. I attempt to turn it on again (using the battery) but the light comes on as if to kick in but then cuts out before anymore happens (no display, no boot, nothing!). When I plug it back into the mains it works fine and dandy.

The battery is charging, as it was half full, now after being on charge for sometime, is almost full. The light display on the battery itself also shows this process. So what is going on?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Chris :Smirk:

OP
prettyinpunk
Reaction score
UPDATE: it is now stuck on 'Battery is finishing charge'. I think I shall leave it to charge and return to it later in the hope the li'l light is GREEN.

Do you think this could be due to the battery running to zero whilst in sleep mode?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
Remove power supply and battery from computer press and hold power button for 5 seconds, replace battery then try again if this continues go to apple and locate battery update could possibly be what you need.

OP
prettyinpunk
Reaction score
The problem persists and it is most irritating as it's literally just ran out of warranty (as if Apple had planned it, but lets not begin a conspiracy).

Any other ideas as to why this problem has only suddenly occured. It was working fine yesterday via battery. Since I have fully charged the battery, on holding the power switch the light comes on and screen loads (with start up noice for one second) then cuts out. After the first attempt it returns to just a flashing light and nothing more :(

Any way to reset the battery? Thanks for all your support guys!

OP
prettyinpunk
Reaction score
I had a spark of hope yesterday evening, and my mac appeared to have returned to normal. But the same problem has returned, and I still cannot reset my PRAM! Aghh!!!

OP
prettyinpunk
Reaction score
this issue still persists!... does anybody have the same issue, or know how to fix it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.