what will happen when you install non-original software on a Mac

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
By Non-Original are you talking software that did not ship with the Mac stock or Pirated software?

OP
C
Reaction score
thats a hard question but i would say both. because i'm thinking of downloading adobe premier, final cut, and photoshop cs3 from rapidshare for my imac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Try it and see what happens.

We don't talk about piracy here so find somewhere else to go. :)

OP
C
Reaction score
so find somewhere else to go.

wooo thats harsh. well its a typical way for people who got 1000+ posts talking to a new member. thats ok i understand. btw dude u can simply say we dont talk piracy here but no hate and also if theres someone whos asking about piracy thing you might as well remind them about this forum's rules. dont need to act like you all that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I don't think Eric559 was being rude, bear in mind that it is easy to get the meaning of a sentence wrong (get the wrong end of the stick) when you read it and interpret the intended tone wrongly (especially is the absence of visual ques that you get when talking face to face)

We do not discuss any illegal activity here, I think Eric was just pointing out that we cannot answer that question here, but there are no doubt other parts of the Internet where you are free to discuss the subject

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
As for non-pirated software, of course you would have no trouble installing, using and updating third party software.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Any software that is made to run in OSX will install and run great whether 3rd party of not. Just be sure if you download something software (Legal software) that it's not an old version or it may not run on the latest version of OSX.

Just a warning, we do not allow any discussion of any Software Piracy here at Mac Forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
so find somewhere else to go.

wooo thats harsh. well its a typical way for people who got 1000+ posts talking to a new member. thats ok i understand. btw dude u can simply say we dont talk piracy here but no hate and also if theres someone whos asking about piracy thing you might as well remind them about this forum's rules. dont need to act like you all that

You forgot my smiley face!

OP
C
Reaction score
right my bad. so it was just me misinterpreted the sentence. thanks for the response people

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.