Wallpaper settings?

Reaction score
Is there such a thing? Like in Windows, you know how you change change your wallpaper, and there's a list of preinstalled wallpapers to choose from? I got to change my wallpaper but it's not resized right. I search for wallpaper settings but found nothing, nothing in appearances. Thanks in advance.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Go into System Preferences => Desktop & Screen Saver. All of the options you need should be there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
akj27;

If you are looking for a setting on your Mac, but are not sure where to find it, use the spotlight search bar in the upper right of the System Preferences window. For instance, if you type "wallpaper" into that window, spotlight will show you exactly where it is. Take a look:

systemprefereneshq3.jpg

Reaction score
Or you could right click anywhere on your deskyop and then select 'Change desktop background' from drop-down list.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New iMac 20" Leopard vs. 10.5.7
go to system preferences in Application folder. Then click on 'Desktop and Screensaver.' It should come up alright. Or right click the desktop. Maybe you could insert the 2nd Mac OS X install disk and select 'Repair damaged content.'
Actually i think that might be a special disk you have 2 buy from apple, im not sure
gd luck!

OP
A
Reaction score
here's what he tells you to do:

Download Pacifist and extract the DesktopScreenEffectsPref and ScreenSaver prefPanes from your Leopard install disk. Put them into /System/Library/PreferencePanes/ and restart. If that doesn't restore their functionality, then you're looking at doing an Archive & Install installation, saving user and network settings.

Ok, I installed pacifist, inserted the disk, but where do I find the desktopscreeneffectspref and screensaverprefpanes in the disk? I looked but didn't find anything.

Reaction score
here's what he tells you to do:

Download Pacifist and extract the DesktopScreenEffectsPref and ScreenSaver prefPanes from your Leopard install disk. Put them into /System/Library/PreferencePanes/ and restart. If that doesn't restore their functionality, then you're looking at doing an Archive & Install installation, saving user and network settings.

Ok, I installed pacifist, inserted the disk, but where do I find the desktopscreeneffectspref and screensaverprefpanes in the disk? I looked but didn't find anything.

Did you try to search for it. A sidebar should come out showing your search results.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.