• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How careful are you with your Electronics?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
1 being you leave your iPhone in your pocket with change and keys, you throw your MacBook and don't really care about it.
10 being you have your iPhone in a case from the first 10 seconds you bought it, you don't put it down on anything and your Mac you have a case that NEVER comes off.

I'm more of an 8. If someone comes within a 2 foot radius of my electronics, I know. =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Probably a 7 or an 8.

My MacBook doesn't leave the house (or my bedroom) much, and my N95 is in a really nice Noreve leather case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I have an iMac so I dont carry it. I dont have a phone either.

My most prized possession is really my Citizen Quartz watch, and my Nikon EM, and I keep great care of those. Probably about an 8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
I dunno I start at a 10 and then slowly it decreases xD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV

Same, but I never bought a case for my iPhone. It's a crime to buy such a beautiful device and ugly/fatten it up with some case. It's seen better days, minor surface scratches, but it still looks pretty stunning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
it depends. thinks like iphones/ipods/cellphones in general are indeed tossed into the pockets.. I have a sleeve for my mbp that gets used in the backpack, the lenovo gets tossed in though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Depends what it is, really. I treat certain electronics better than others. I baby my musical equipment.

My laptop, I don't really care about.. Well, it's not like I try to break it, but if it did, I wouldn't care.

My cell phone is a cheap pay-as-you-go phone, so that literally gets thrown about sometimes.

CDs/DVDs/vidja games, I baby as well. I bothers the HECK out of me if some one comes over, pulls a game out, plays, goes to switch it and LEAVES the previous disk on the shelf, ot puts it in the game case of the new game they just put it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
CDs/DVDs/vidja games, I baby as well. I bothers the HECK out of me if some one comes over, pulls a game out, plays, goes to switch it and LEAVES the previous disk on the shelf, ot puts it in the game case of the new game they just put it.

Yeah that annoys the **** outta me toO!

Reaction score
each of my products are different, 10 for my imac (its new) 3 for my 5th gen video (its scratched anyway) and about 8 for my iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
for my mbp probably an 8, I have a case for it and I try not to damage it as much as I can, I'm even careful with my backpack (yeah, wow), but not as far as to be careful on what kind of surface i put it on or never touch the screen :D I'm not so careful with my thinkpad t40 (pretty old huh), never used a sleeve or hard-case for that, it's indestructible

and my phone? a 0 :D it's an old Nokia and I can't seem to get myself to get a new one, it just keeps going on and I literally throw it around and it has met my keys a few times

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
I would say I am an 7.

Mainly due to the fact that when I have a device that is used for a long period of time I tend to not baby it so much. For example my old PC laptop was my baby when I first got it but as it wore down I still kept it in good condition but I will not freak out if I see someone goes in my room with out me in there.

Now my new setup is very well protected :D. I don't let people ever get a drink on or with like 3 feet of my desk (not to be rude just to protect my things). As for my Macbook I also make sure its in a case when taking it somewhere. I used to keep my ipod touch in a case but once I saw that it was getting surface scratches from the case as well I will use it out of the case when its in my pocket.

I always clean the screens of my electronics about once a week and try to keep everything nice and shiny :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

Who dosn't? lol

I'm probably about a 9 with my touch. It has a case, screen protector, and I am reluctant to give it to other people to play around with. When I get my Macbook Pro, I'll most likely be an 11:eek:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am probably a 9-10. I am very careful with all my electronics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
An 8 for my iMac, a 3 for my Sony Ericsson handpone since its old and scuffed up and still does its job pretty well, and perhaps a 6 for my iPod since I don't really both much bout it as its wrapped up in a plastic shield.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
7. I'm quite a bit more careful than the average person. I spaz if someone touches my screen. I keep a microfiber dusting cloth at my desk so I can wipe stuff off as it appears without leaving marks. But I'm not a neat freak. A few cosmetic problems here and there don't bother me so I don't go to great lengths to make sure everything is perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" eMac 1.42 GHz G4, Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"
I knew someone once who used to wear one of those wristbands that absorb static electricity so you can handle electronic components safely. He blew out two graphics cards when handling them despite the wristband.

Poor guy. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
I am probably about a 7. I am careful with my MacBook, keeping it high on a shelf away from cats, cleaning it periodically, not letting kids use it. My iMac is pretty safe on the desk, but I clean the screen now and then. As for phones, iPods, etc.. I don't really treat them with any great care. They are usually just shoved in a pocket or in the glovebox.

My fiance on the other hand has to be less then a 1. Her 2006 MacBook has been through just about everything imaginable. It has had iced tea spilled all over it, been left outside in the rain, been left in her car in below 0 F temperatures, been tossed around and dropped several times. Her idea of a storage place for it is to throw it on the floor. It's been sat on, stepped on, dropped down stairs.. just about anything you can imagine. However it still works perfectly and has never had a major hardware failure. Of course it has some small cracks and a lot of scratches and scuffs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.