installed cs4 demo, now can't install cs3

Reaction score
Hi, really need some help!
I installed the sCS4 demo of dreamweaver. I know have a full version of the cs3 web standard suite.

After uninstalling the CS4 demo when I try to install cs3 it gets halfway through then asks for the cs4 disk! Does anyone know how I can fix this? I've looked for all refs to cs4 on the machine and can't find anything. Been searching the net for 4 hours and can't turn up anything at all.

There's obviously some files still on the machine somewhere but I just can't find them. I have an urgent job I need to do and really need to get cs3 installed asap, so any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
How did you uninstall CS4

I would re-install the CS4 demo, then use an an like AppZapper or AppCleaner to thoroughly delete the demo and all associated files.

OP
C
Reaction score
I used the uninstall option in the dreamweaver folder. That sounds good though, will try it tomorrow. Appcleaner sounds like a great little program, thanks for the help.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi, tried both suggestions but still no luck. The adobe cleaner script wouldn't let me 'clean' the files, only uninstall.

Yet after that it still stops cs3 installation and asks for the cs4 disk.

This is driving me mad now, any other ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.