Possible to switch "tabs" in Safari?

Reaction score
Just wondering if it's possible to switch tabs in Safari by using the touchpad? Like some kind of shortcut. I hate pressing the Shift + CMD + Square bracket to always change tabs. And I'm kinda lazy to move the cursor to each window beacuse sometimes I have to switch back and forth quickly.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
Sounds like what you want are mouse gestures. There used to be a great little freeware add-on for Safari called Cocoa Gestures, but the developer has scrapped that project and rolled it into his larger software program, Cocoa Suite. It's $15 shareware with a 30-day free trial. Might be worth picking it up - it's not expensive and from reading the site it looks like it should allow you to create all sorts of shortcuts throughout your system, not just in Safari.

Cocoa Suite

Another option is to switch to using Firefox, which (in the latest beta versions) now supports multi-touch gestures:

Firefox Adds Multitouch Gestures for Macs | Gadget Lab from Wired.com

Reaction score
I looked through a ton of threads and had this one tabbed up waiting to be read. Lucky for you, I found the answer.

1. Download Multiclutch (Just google it, first link is good)
2. Go into sys pref. and it will be under "other"
3. Click and go the the window. The furthest + sign to the left under Application will direct you to your App's folder and allow you to pick Safari.
4. Under the other box with "Gesture" and "Key Command" press the + under that.
5. Under gesture put whatever you like. Then under Key Command, for shifting left, double click the box where the command is and then press command+shift+[
6. for shifting right, double click box again and press command+shift+]

Sorry for the erratic-ness. Sorta happy I finally helped someone!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.