• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

13-year Old Boy Fathers Child

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Truly pathetic. Children having children! I still think you should need a license to have a child.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Not to say all teenagers are completely irresponsible blundering idiots (I know this is not true because I am one:Smirk: ) but this sort of thing should not be happening. I've got a cousin who is 13 years older than me. They teach Sex-ed when they're 13, right. I'm not sure about the UK, but they do here in Canada.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Its on Digg. I saw it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Wow.....
Kids can be so irresponsible and dont think long-term.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Saw that on tv last night he did not know what the word Financially meant

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm not much for getting in the middle of families, but seriously these kids should not be allowed to attempt to raise a child. Even if they are, it's pretty obvious their parents will actually do the raising after they get bored with it and go back to video games.

Chantelle admitted she and Alfie — who are both being supported by their parents — would be accused of being grossly irresponsible.

Oh, you mean they don't have full-time jobs? Did that really need to be pointed out??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Full time jobs!

He's going to have to get a lot of paper rounds to meet the maintenance costs

My guess is that they plan to reach 17 years old then apply for social housing, then once their kid reaches 13, guess what will happen....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
This is how there are still stupid people on this planet. They outbreed us smart ones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And judging by the parents, what hope the poor bub of succeeding in this big cruel world?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Never underestimate the power of idiots in a large group.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
This situation seems like one of the best arguments yet for starting sex education at an earlier age. When newly pubescent kids aren't aware of the gravity of such matters, as this new father clearly isn't, this is what happens. Hopefully the new baby will turn out alright.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Haven't you heard, nothing is "wrong" anymore; it's all in how you look at it. Passing judgement isn't "cool" man; it's closed minded. People should be able to do what they want. We need more social programs to help these poor victims. You haven't walked a mile in my shoes, so don't tell me how to behave. Morality is confining. etc...

Brought to you by your good friends, the 1960's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Haven't you heard, nothing is "wrong" anymore; it's all in how you look at it. Passing judgement isn't "cool" man; it's closed minded. People should be able to do what they want. We need more social programs to help these poor victims. You haven't walked a mile in my shoes, so don't tell me how to behave. Morality is confining. etc...

Brought to you by your good friends, the 1960's.

Absolute rubbish......but well put! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" eMac 1.42 GHz G4, Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"
They teach Sex-ed when they're 13, right. I'm not sure about the UK, but they do here in Canada.

During my time at comprehensive school (1997 to 2003) we would have an extended tutorial session once every two weeks that lasted for about an hour. Usually it just became an opportunity for everyone to chat but sometimes it would be dedicated to something specific, like study skills or whatever. Very rarely, so rare that it didn't happen at all during some years, this was when we had sexual education lessons. I can only think of maybe four or five instances when this actually happened, but then again it was a long time ago. Also, we were never assessed to determine what we had actually understood.

I don't know about the situation now but the sexual education I received at my school was very poor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
It seems that we have South Park, American Dad and Family Guy all in one thread :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It seems that we have South Park, American Dad and Family Guy all in one thread :p

Haha, I had to scroll back and check. Very funny!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know about the situation now but the sexual education I received at my school was very poor.

No offense to anyone intended... my parents would have kicked my bottom if I knocked a broad up at 13 or 18 years of age. No reliance on publicly sponsored sex education was required nor expected and that was good enough for me. "It was not covered in school properly" was not a viable excuse back then nor should it have been. Parents and clergy covered stuff like "don't steal" and "how babies are made" back in my day. When that stuff happened, you were expected to drop out of school, get a real job and schedule marriage. The military was also a common option as they had waivers to let you get join up and get married earlier as well when a kid was involved. THAT was how we covered your "free" healthcare back then - putting your butt in harm's way in exchange for the freebies that are expected today when you mess up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.