Filing and organizing Tips and Hints

Reaction score
I am a relative newbie to iMac, and a senior, so my memory is not so good. Therefore, I would like to keep some of the hints and tips that come to me through the various newsletters.

I can remember that I have seen reference to them somewhere, but where? So I thought if I could file them and reference them somehow under various headings and sub headings, i.e. iPhoto, iTunes, iWorks, Pages, etc. it would be so helpful Does anybody have any good ideas how best to go about this?

At the moment I add some to favourites and some to a mail box in Mail. Should I copy and paste the relevant parts or keep the whole thing including the comments.

“Superguides” are available, but I feel there is much there that would not be of interest to me and will also probably be out of date in no time. I would like to keep the information on my computer.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 1.83Ghz Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, running 10.6.1
Hi Dotty,

I would just a keep a simple text document for each program. Paste your tips into each document, put all the tips in a folder and make a stack on your dock so you can access them easily. :)

Reaction score
It could take a little bit of getting used to, but Journler might help you keep track of a lot of things (searchable).

OP
D
Reaction score
I appreciate and thank you all for your help. I will check it all out.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
at work, in computer operations, one of the tricks i'd use to keep snippets of info was to just keep one simple text doc in an easy to get to place, separate the bits of info with a long line of +++++++++ or ============= characters, and try to keep the snippets organized in like groups and in order of most accessed nearer the top. it may sound archaic, but it is one of the quickest easiest ways to keep a "cheat sheet" of sorts. and has helped me tremendously in learning very complex support procedures.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.