Cannot access software on disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi I'm not familiar to Mac at all and need your help. I have a Mac G5 and it has the old Panther Operating System. My step-dad downloaded the new OS for me, think its called Snow Leopard, the 10.5 one and burned it onto a DVD-R disc. When I put the disc into the cd/dvd drive (i think that's what its called?! sorry i hope I'm making sense) it doesn't seem to think there's anything on the disc, nothing happens, it sounds like it trys to read it and then nothing happens after a few seconds and when I go into Finder there is no icon to say there is anything in the drive.

My step-dad says when this happens on his PC he uses a program called Daemon Tools, this is a type of virtual drive and allows his computer to open files without him needing the physical drive on his computer to open it.

Does anyone know how I can access the file on the disc or any software similar to Daemon that I can use for my Mac? There are so many things that I want to use on my Mac but as my OS is a 10.3 I'm really limited :-( it's so frustrating. I'd be so grateful if anyone could help or could point me in the right direction....

Many Thanks!!!

;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
You won't get any help here. Discussion of software piracy is not allowed on this forum.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
First, there is no Snow Leopard for sale anywhere. If you mean Leopard you can not download Leopard legally. That is Software Piracy and here at Mac Forums we obey the law and allow no discussion of Piracy on our forums. Sorry, If you want a new version of OSX for your Mac, purchase one.

I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.