Missing Classic Folder?

M

Mighty_nut

Hi, I was trying to connect my iBook to the internet but can't seem to be able to run the disc Telus provided in order to connect. Apparently this is because I need to be in classic mode to run their disc or to install my printer software from my old PC. However, when I acess the systems prefferences my computer tells me there is no folder for Classic and can't seem to locate it.
I bought the system off of eBay and the seller was supposed to supply the disc containing the OS...but didn't and won't seem to answer any of my emails. So, what exactly can I do to acess the internet or use my old printer?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
you can use gimp print and your old printer will probably work in os x. as far as internet, youll have to probably reinstall the classic support. do you have the panther install discs?

OP
M

Mighty_nut

I don't have the discs...apparently the seller decided to omit them from the package and is now ignoring me. So, I'm guessing that means I need to buy a new version of it if I want classic and use of the internet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
did it come with any discs? if not, then Id wait til tiger comes out, buy it and then install it and install classic support with it. or you can find a friend who'll lend you the discs so you can install classic support.

OP
M

Mighty_nut

I guess I'll wait for Tiger and try Gimp Print in the meantime.

Thanks for your help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.