Very Strange ....

Reaction score
I received an email from a colleague in Australia, when I click 'reply' it sends all text to the right side (right justified). Also occurs when I click forward. I sent it to myself and it was still right justified when I got it. Even when I reply to his reply, it sends my previous text to the right. Talk about twilight zone ....

20" iMac, 2.66 GHz Intel, 4 GB 800 MHz ...
OS 10.5.6
Mail.app 3.5 (930.3)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
Maybe it's because you're sending emails to the southern hemisphere??? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
If you're using the Mail program, have you tried converting it to text?? That usually does the trick for me.

OP
J
Reaction score
tried convert to plain text from rich text, tried turning off html .... this is the weirdest thing. And notice the periods ...

Good day Jim.
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.
It will really help us to sort things out here.
We were discussing the idea of bringing you here to AU and conduct some field days and a seminar.

then went I click reply it switch to right justified ...

.Good day Jim
.Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it
.It will really help us to sort things out here
.We were discussing the idea of bringing you here to AU and conduct some field days and a seminar​

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Take a look in your preferences for Mail. Click on the preference tab that states "Composing". Make sure the box that says "Use the same message format......" under Responding, is NOT checked.

If that box is checked off, any time you receive a message that uses a format specified for right justification or some other special attribute will be duplicated in your reply. Unfortunately the Mail program tends to remember this setting for new messages even those formatted in a standard way.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.