WD MyBook Capacity problem

T

tmbindoff

Hey,

So i have a WD MyBook capacity 750gb, running on my Macbook, which states to be full. This was surprising as i was sure i hadn't put 750gb on it. Well it states just below 700gb on the info but was sure i hadn't put that much on. So I info'd all of the folders individually and calculated a total of about 400gb used. Where is the 300gb that should be free?

I have searched the hidden folders which collate to a size of next to nothing.

Anyone had this problem would love to know whats going on?

Cheers
Tom

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You might want to download the trial version of "OmniDiskSweeper" which can document everything on an attached drive by file, folder, and size. The pay version is $14.95.

Link

You may be able to find something in the freeware category. I seem to remember an application which can do the same thing. Perhaps someone else has a better memory than me.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
have you emptied the trash? I know this is a lame response, but I couldn't resist :)

OP
T

tmbindoff

haha yeh emptied the trash man...funny!

erm turns out info only showed about a gig in the backup folder but the omni tool shows alot more so all sorted. cheers chscag absolute gem!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.