just received pbook but there's a scratch..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
i just got my pbook today from the fedex guy i just opened and there's this blob i dunno looks like a chip or a scratch its about .5 cm wide and .2ish cm high its right above the release hing button

i called apple and they said i should call tech support to arrange for an exchagne..

but i dont want ot wait for the new one >< i hope i get to keep using it till they send me a new one hehe : )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I would rather be without a computer for 2 days than get a brand new that is defective. Suck it up and call tech support, in the long run, the 2 days without a computer will surely be worth a scratch free Powerbook.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i ordered it online, do you think i can something call apple and get some form of letter of approval by them to go to an authorized dealer to get an exchange?

rather than having to wait for them to ship a new one and i have to go thru the hassle of shipping the current one i got from them ><

i'm going ot call later this afternoon about it..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Did you buy it from Apple online or from an authorized seller of Apple computers? If you bought it from Apple online then call them and see if you can take it into the Apple store for exchange. If you bought it from an authorized seller (read: not Apple) then you would have to contact them for other options.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i bought it online.. and i live in canda.. we dont have an apple store ><

but i did call customer serv. they're getting a fedex to pick it up and then they're gonna send me a new one...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oops, sorry. I didn't realize there were no Apple Stores in Canada. I'm glad it's all working out okay, like I said, it would be better to be without for a couple days than to live with it scratched.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah i'm glad they're willing to exchange it... i just hope they wont be complaining about me using the laptop though.. i use it at home to go online and all and i haven't installed anything. except for msn.. i can "uninstall" programs by deleting the folder its in right? i'm a recent switcher so i dunno a lot about mac osx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, if you wanted to you could just insert the MacOSX Install CD that came with your 'book, restart/reboot the machine and hold the C key after you hear the chime. This will start up with the disc and you could do a clean install of the OS. It'll wipe it clean and put it back just like you got it.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rberry88 said:
Well, if you wanted to you could just insert the MacOSX Install CD that came with your 'book, restart/reboot the machine and hold the C key after you hear the chime. This will start up with the disc and you could do a clean install of the OS. It'll wipe it clean and put it back just like you got it.

lol too late i sent it back already >< i miss my pbook

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
we're canada.. everything is a bit slower up here lol jk jk well they're building an apple store in the summer of 05..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.