Help for a mac newbie: help on airport express router

J

jian nan

Hi I'm new to MACs as I just started using them today. I was wondering how do I get to the Airport Express router settings?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
OK, first of all, it's Mac = slang for Apple computer running MacOSX and MAC = individual address of your computer/router etc.

Now, if it is an Airport Express Base Station then just go into the Utilities folder and there will be an Airport Admin and Airport Setup Utility programs that you can run to access the settings.

If you are talking about the Airport Extreme card inside your computer then just open the preferences and under either sharing or network you will find most settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
rberry88 said:
OK, first of all, it's Mac = slang for Apple computer running MacOSX

Well, if you really want to get technical, the computer itself is a Macintosh, not an Apple (the company that manufactures it), and a Mac is still a Mac whether it's running OS X or not. ;)

OP
I

IChing

Your airport express, the little itunes guy, mac address is on the side in small print it is called your ethernet address by apple........to be or not to be technical.
airport card= wireless card
airport express= single entry wireless router, speaker connector, printer port
airport extreme-= router, multiport,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Padawan said:
Well, if you really want to get technical, the computer itself is a Macintosh, not an Apple (the company that manufactures it), and a Mac is still a Mac whether it's running OS X or not. ;)

Hence why I said "slang". :yinyang:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.