• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I Just Don't Get It

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
I just dont get this, I bought a MBP from a guy on here. I payed for it on Monday and he told me it would be shipped second day air by the morning (Tuesday)...
Its now Thursday, Almost Friday and I havent gotten an email response or a Mac-Forums Response yet.
But the weird thing is that he has 100% feedback with over 120 feedbacks on ebay.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
Have you tried contacting him? If he sent it out early Tues. it would probably be there today, but if he got it out late on Tues. it might come tomorrow.

OP
Mjc.americor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I have sent him several emails on both gmail and Mac-Forums.
Also It said has last activity was 2-9-09 @ 5:04PM
So that means he hasnt logged on since right after I bought the Laptop...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I'd say wait two more days, then if nothing contact ebay and paypal or what ever way you paid. If it does come check to see if the shipping type matched to what you paid, if not start the talking again.

OP
Mjc.americor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok thanks. Its just that a MBP is a lot of money and I dont wanna get ripped off..
Ya know what I mean?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Ok thanks. Its just that a MBP is a lot of money and I dont wanna get ripped off..
Ya know what I mean?

I don't mean to rub salt in the wound, but you took one heck of a risk by buying such a high ticket item in a forum that specifically states "use at your own risk" and "you're on your own in here".

No one wants to get "ripped off", but it's hard to have sympathy for someone who tosses caution to the wind like this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
I don't mean to rub salt in the wound, but you took one heck of a risk by buying such a high ticket item in a forum that specifically states "use at your own risk" and "you're on your own in here".

No one wants to get "ripped off", but it's hard to have sympathy for someone who tosses caution to the wind like this.

that doesn't really help man, just wait a couple more days then go straight to paypal, i wouldn't worry paypal has your back ;) also, sellers have lives so perhaps he is just late with posting for whatever reason. If you don't mind me asking how much did you spend? Keep us updated and good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
Did he give you a tracking number? He should have.

OP
Mjc.americor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that doesn't really help man, just wait a couple more days then go straight to paypal, i wouldn't worry paypal has your back ;) also, sellers have lives so perhaps he is just late with posting for whatever reason. If you don't mind me asking how much did you spend? Keep us updated and good luck!

I payed $1600.00 and I havent even gotten a response since the day I payed for the item, Monday. (2/9/08)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
that doesn't really help man,

You may not think so, but there is a point to it. We need to make it perfectly clear that the staff and members of this forum provide no support of any kind for the Buy/Sell/Trade forum here. Anyone who participates is on their own there, period.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
perhaps he is on vacation :Cool:

But really, if the mac don't come, tell Pay-Pal and you guys should be able to work things out. They are usually pretty good with this kind of thing;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You may not think so, but there is a point to it. We need to make it perfectly clear that the staff and members of this forum provide no support of any kind for the Buy/Sell/Trade forum here. Anyone who participates is on their own there, period.

QFT

Caveat emptor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" eMac 1.42 GHz G4, Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"
Did you actually make the purchase on eBay? If so, there are certain protections in place if you have been ripped off, but I don't know how effective they are.

Also, have you been given a tracking number for the parcel?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Let the buyer beware?

Buy said:
Neither Mac-Forums.com nor iNet Interactive will in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the OnGuardOnline.gov - Online Shopping website.

A few things to keep in mind:

This forum is use at your own risk

The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions.

Use common sense!
Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
This forum will only be visible by members
The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!

Note: Only users with enough posts and an adequate period of time as a member here are able to post in this forum.

So, yeah.

OP
Mjc.americor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't make the deal through ebay but I did use PayPal, Which is what ebay uses. I didn't get a tracking number, let alone a actual email verifying that he shipped it out or even a response after I sent him my 160.00

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I still would put in a buyer dispute, if the money has not been transfered, you can freeze it.
Get his info from paypal hand have them call him.

OP
Mjc.americor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok that sounds good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4ghz/200gb/2gb/15.4"+ Tons of Windows PC's
Did you actually verify that the guy on eBay is him? Like did you email him using the ebay messaging system and did he respond?
I would definitely file a dispute.

Good Luck

OP
Mjc.americor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you actually verify that the guy on eBay is him? Like did you email him using the ebay messaging system and did he respond?
I would definitely file a dispute.

Good Luck

He told me that he was eBay and PayPal verified. Ebay account name,Mac-forums account name and email account names all matched. Same with location..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.