how do i get rid of my login password?

Reaction score
I have found several ways to eliminate login passwords on Mac OS X when you don't have FireVault on, but I have FireVault on, and it appears that using those methods actually block your access to your home folder. I need to find a way to get rid of the password when I have FireVault on (this sad predicament happened because I forgot my password). I have thought of making a new account, but again, I don't know my password, so can someone help me please? :Shouting:

OP
G
Reaction score
if you know any methods that are safe to use when firevault is off, i'm open to those, too
(please indicate if it is workable with firevault on or off, if possible)
thnx

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
See the following hint on how to reset your password:

Link

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
i think i've found a loophole. i'm hoping that if i just copy/move the more important files that are in my home folder to another folder, then put that folder in the public folder, then i can transfer it to a new account (the computer is governed by my boss, so i couldn't have made one myself before). Does anyone have any thoughts on whether this will work or not? None of my files are locked. (Reminder: I have FireVault on.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Sounds like you're doing things that you shouldn't be doing on a computer that isn't yours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.