Mail app opening at startup

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently had some problems with my iMac and decided to do an archive and install to start fresh. Before I re-installed leopard, I had the mail application set to open at login. After the re-install, I decided that I didn't want it to open at login and removed it from the login item in system preferences -> accounts. The trouble is, it still opens at login. Is there somewhere else I can look to turn this feature off?

Best,
Chris

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
First thing I'd try is add it back to the startup items - log out and back in - then remove it again - log out and back in. Sometimes this will do it.

Next would use Onyx, go to the automation tab, check everything except the Rebuild section and execute it.

Next, would try going into Finder - your user - Library - Preferences, and move com.apple.loginitems.plist to the desktop - if that works you can trash the file. You may have to add back in the items you want to start at login after this.

You can do the last one 2nd, but if you're not already using Onyx or MainMenu, highly recommend one of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.