iWork Pages Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
I've just bought iWork 09 and having my first play with Pages but there's one thing I don't quite understand how to do or if it is even possible.

I've created a document from one of the templates and I've replaced the images with my own and replaced the text with my own too. However I need to add more pages and this is where the problem comes in. Although I can easily add other pages to my document I can't seem to find a way to get the text to flow over the page.

What I mean is this. Lets say the text on my first page ends perfectly at the bottom of the page with the end of a sentence and I then add my second page and start with a fresh sentence. All nice and straight forward. But lets now say that I go back to my first page and add a new paragraph half way up the page.

What currently happens is that the new paragraph pushes the last few lines on that first page outside the text box and it is not displayed anywhere. What I want it to do is to push at text into the text box on page 2 just like it would on a word processor but for the life of me I can't see how you do that.

I'm sure it must be possible but does anyone know how?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
It happens on all templates unfortunately. What I'm doing is creating a new document from a template, I then replace the sample text and images with my own and once I've filled the page I add a new page (again from the template) that again contains sample text and images that I again replace with my own.

I've noticed that if you select a text box then an arrow appears in the bottom right corner that (I'm not in front of my Mac at the moment) says something like "Link to another text box" which sounds like what I'm after but it will only let me select another text box on the same page and not on the next page.

Like I say, I'm sure it must be possible but for the life of my I can't figure it out!

Reaction score
You have to link your text boxes and then find a way to allow for overflow. I have not had to do it yet in my pages use but the concept is the same in any PC formatted publishing software. Once you link the boxes and then find a way to get the text overflow going, things will look beautiful

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.