Where will I buy software?

Reaction score
hey guys,

My iBook has been shipped and apple says it will be 8-9 days. Coming from netherlands to Ireland. Has anyone recieved their Mac before the estimated time from the apple store??

I am looking into getting MS Office for my Mac which is something I really need!
I was wondering is there anywhere I can get it really cheap?? Now worried about what version.

Perhaps... you guys "know someone who could sell me a backup disk of this, assuming I have my own original copy and licence"????? ;)

Same with VPC

Thanks Guys

Keep up the good work!

Its good to say goodbye to Windows.... Microsoft cant dominate everything forever!

OP
I
Reaction score
Yeah, I have used open office before.

But can that open ms word documents?

e.g.

I could be working on a word document on my iBook and then burn it to cd and work on it in college on a windows based pc.

:(

Thanks

T

titan0111

iRock said:
Yeah, I have used open office before.

But can that open ms word documents?

e.g.

I could be working on a word document on my iBook and then burn it to cd and work on it in college on a windows based pc.

:(

Thanks
iBook also comes with AppleWorks where you can edit MS Word documents...

OP
I
Reaction score
titan0111 said:
iBook also comes with AppleWorks where you can edit MS Word documents...
Cool!!! but can I create new word documents and save edited ones without owning ms office for mac?? :robot:

T

Thud

iRock said:
Cool!!! but can I create new word documents and save edited ones without owning ms office for mac?? :robot:

Yes, you can do that in Open Office (with the nifty "save as" feature).
It edits word documents just fine.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thud said:
Yes, you can do that in Open Office (with the nifty "save as" feature).
It edits word documents just fine.

Cool, Im impressed!

But, how long would it take to download???

Im on dial-up!!! :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
openoffice will work for you on all aspects of microsoft office...its a great program that i love to use and i occasionally force others to use it

i see that you mentioned VPC in your origional post....dont bother with it IMHO

what programs do you think your going to need to run in windows?
-chris

OP
I
Reaction score
coach_z said:
openoffice will work for you on all aspects of microsoft office...its a great program that i love to use and i occasionally force others to use it

i see that you mentioned VPC in your origional post....dont bother with it IMHO

what programs do you think your going to need to run in windows?
-chris

Probably:

Director MX
Flash MX 2004 PRO
Dreamweaver MX 2004
Fireworks MX2004

I have these for the pc... will the install on mac without vpc???

I also have

Paint shop pro
Photoshop 8
MS Office XP

All for the pc aswel

A

arossco

Shipping

>> My iBook has been shipped and apple says it will be 8-9 days. Coming from netherlands to Ireland. Has anyone recieved their Mac before the estimated time from the apple store??

I ordered a G5 1800 Dual on Thursday from the Apple Refurbished store - the estimated shipping date was Feb 21st - I was resigned to quite a long wait ... then yesterday I got an email from Apple to say it had shipped ! It was sent from Holland yesterday, so I should be getting it on Monday I would guess. Can't wait !

It took about 2 days for my iPod to come from Holland ( the TNT hub where they are routed after coming from Shanghai ) It's funny - I've fancied a G5 for a while, but getting the iPod finally made me finally go for it ...

I'm sure your iBook will take less time than they say, if it has already been shipped.

OP
I
Reaction score
arossco said:
>> My iBook has been shipped and apple says it will be 8-9 days. Coming from netherlands to Ireland. Has anyone recieved their Mac before the estimated time from the apple store??

I ordered a G5 1800 Dual on Thursday from the Apple Refurbished store - the estimated shipping date was Feb 21st - I was resigned to quite a long wait ... then yesterday I got an email from Apple to say it had shipped ! It was sent from Holland yesterday, so I should be getting it on Monday I would guess. Can't wait !

It took about 2 days for my iPod to come from Holland ( the TNT hub where they are routed after coming from Shanghai ) It's funny - I've fancied a G5 for a while, but getting the iPod finally made me finally go for it ...

I'm sure your iBook will take less time than they say, if it has already been shipped.

Cool!!!!!!! It has been shipped. Left feb 12th at 11 am.

You know, I ordered my ipod brand new on ebay like last week and I have been reading so much good things about the mac lately etc so I said Id just go for it!!!! I did, I ordered an ibook before my ipod even got here!!!!

Anyone suggest a good mac magazine?? I have been taking a look at iCreate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
iRock said:
Probably:

Director MX
Flash MX 2004 PRO
Dreamweaver MX 2004
Fireworks MX2004

I have these for the pc... will the install on mac without vpc???

I also have

Paint shop pro
Photoshop 8
MS Office XP

All for the pc aswel
iRock, I have Flash MX and Photoshop CS as well for Windows. I was also wondering if these would run on Mac.

Did you try the instal of these programs on Mac? What was the outcome?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You can't install the windows versions straight on a mac, you'd need to use VPC (as you mentioned in your first post).

But the performance won't be as good as if you were using a native mac version.
You can check out the mac demos of those apps on the makers website though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
I recieved my ibook 2 days after I ordered my ibook. Luckily I didn't pay for the Fast Shipping.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.