Using remote control to play six iPod's at the same time

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm using six iPod Nano's 3rd generation for a performance piece and want to start them playing all at the same time.
They are in six separate units (ice cream vans) that are spread apart each with it's own amplifier and speakers.
I was wondering whether the Apple Remote could do this or would there be a delay?
The last time we did the performance it was a case of three people pressing the play buttons at the same time and then plugging them into the amps. This is a very haphazard way of going about it I think and resulted in one of the iPod's being a nano (excuse the pun) second out of sync and the timing it crucial.
Any help or advice on this problem would be gratefully received.
Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
I don't know if a remote will accomplish what you are trying to do, but it seems to me that the best way to solve your problem is to get them all playing from one ipod. How far apart are the ice cream vans? Do the vans move during the performance?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
If you used one computer, you could find software to play all on the songs on each of the respective vans.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you for your thoughts. I ended up building a sandwich toaster type contraption that, shuts down on the six iPods and starts them at the same time!! More of a hands-on carpentry approach but does the trick splendidly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Mac Mini, 2 Classic Ipod's, and an old Imac
Glad to hear you got it to work for you. Just out of curiosity, how'd you do it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.