Screen Physically Clicks.

Reaction score
Hey all. I purchased a 2.4GHz BlackBook around May of last year. So far, I love it. With in the first week I noticed that the screen would click, on the right side, as in, you could push the screen in, like it wasn't connected to the frame. It only happens on the right side, no where else. It really hasn't been a problem, as mostly the computer just stayed on my desk, but now that I'll be going off to college soon, I'm wondering if I should take it up to the Genius Bar, and see if they could do anything, or if they would say "well you probably did it, as you've had it for almost a year." Also, this might be my "I like new things" side showing, but if they were to be able to repair it, would I have any shot at paying the difference for a new/refurbished Aluminum Macbook, of the same spec list?

Thanks,
Jesse

Reaction score
I have this same exact problem its on the plastic rim of the screen right side about 3/4 the way up the screen. (I also have the black macbook)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yup, I'd definitely have it looked at before the warranty expires.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.