New network, now printer not found

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15", 2Gigs RAM, Leopard - 10.5.6, purchased Dec 10, 2007
*Resolved* New network, now printer not found

I recently had troubles with getting online that I suspected were caused by my modem. I replaced the modem, got on the phone to the cable company to register the new one, got on the phone to the apple guy to create a new network, and all is great. Except for printing. I can no longer print to the printer connected to my time capsule, which is my router. It worked fine before but I can't even find it on a list of printers to be added now. I'm really mystified.

Printer: Canon mp470
Network: motorola modem, time capsule router (also backup)

[edit]I should add that I have hunted through these forums and did not see a close match. But I could have missed it. I did install the canon driver and user guide.

[edit]It occurs to me that this is a usb port question. Now that I have created a new network nothing plugged into the usb port is visible. I have both a printer and an external hard drive. On the old network both were visible and available. How might I fix this?

[edit] see last reply. I figured it out.

Judy

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I should add that I have hunted through these forums and did not see a close match. But I could have missed it. I did install the canon driver and user guide.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It occurs to me that this is a usb port question. Now that I have created a new network nothing plugged into the usb port is visible. I have both a printer and an external hard drive. On the old network both were visible and available. How might I fix this?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
RESOLVED. By what I should have done first.

I unplugged the time capsule.
Turned off the printer.
Turned printer back on.
Plugged time capsule back in.

Then I was able to find the printer and add it.

Whew.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.