Burning questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Ok, after a year plus of using a Mac I still haven't discovered the answers to these questions, so I'm wondering if anyone could help me with these:

1. How do I alt-tab(like windows) in game so that I can switch from application to application.

2. What do I do if my Mac hangs in game and if there is something like ctrl+alt+delete?

3. For example, when I click on "restart", how do I switch from "restart" to "cancel" such as using Tab in Windows.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
1. CMD + Tab works like windows alt+tab

2. Ctrl + Option + Esc

3. Open the keyboard system preferences and enable full keyboard access.
In dialogue boxes the space bar will activate the button with the blue border, enter will activate the button that's all blue and the tab key will move between available controls.

Hope that helps

mrplow

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cmd + tab doesn't work ingame.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Works for me, always has. Do you have the window minimized?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I guess it depends on the game, but intensive 3D games might not let you grab focus :(

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Works for me, always has. Do you have the window minimized?

Not really, nothing happened. And the solution for 3 doesn't work as well. I've turned on full keyboard access but it still doesn't work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Very odd. All 3 work for me reliably on multiple machines. Perhaps something is wrong? Not sure if this would be in the preferences.. or where.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
It depends on the game, I guess. Blizzard games require you to press command-M instead (for minimize). Some may have a different key combo to switch to windowed mode. And some will allow you to get to other apps by using Exposé (F9 for all windows or F11 to show the desktop, by default).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Ok, after a year plus of using a Mac I still haven't discovered the answers to these questions, so I'm wondering if anyone could help me with these:
3. For example, when I click on "restart", how do I switch from "restart" to "cancel" such as using Tab in Windows.

Thanks.

in this situation in particular, you can hit ESC to cancel (and it will work everywhere where there is a cancel i think)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.