Internet explorer and safari are not connecting but firefox is in boot camp

Reaction score
Please could someone help me. I am unable to connect with internet explorer and safari whilst in boot camp yet it works perfectly on firefox. My connection all seem to be fine and i've tried turning off firewalls. I am running xp.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Windows firewall will automatically allow Internet Explorer to run. No need to turn it off. Turning off the firewall while in Windows XP is not recommended as you'll be infected with either a virus or malware in a short time.

If Firefox is able to get on the net and IE can't, then something is blocking IE. Check your settings for IE - specifically the security zone. I can't speak for the Windows version of Safari as I have never used it but I suggest checking settings there also.

If you're using a firewall other than the Windows firewall, such as Zone Alarm or Comodo, make sure you have IE and Safari in the permissions setting as allowed.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.