• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My senior project.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
This is my last semester at Towson University.
For my film minor, I chose to do a senior project.
In particular, a documentary about the automotive industry.
I started taking footage with my new camcorder and kind of jumbled up a concept trailer.
It is actually only supposed to be about 15 minutes, but I feel as if I can make a feature length doc about this subject matter.
Let me know what you guys think.

"Grease Monks" Trailer on Vimeo

*Can't upload it on youtube for some odd reason.*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
I like it. It looks like it will be really good. Very good topic too, because right now the automotive industry seems to be a major part of America's Downfall jobwise

OP
leecho7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Thanks for the input.
I've been planning to do something about this field for a while now. As luck would have it, I had everything in place to start production on it now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Looks really nice! Can't wait to see the actual thing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Yes, I am well interested in seeing the final project. Im in film school as well and this is a really interesting topic to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Looks really good!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Looks cool!

- Which camera (it looks great)
- Which editor are you using?
- Sometimes the footage is just ever so slightly shaky which makes it lose its "professional" feel. Sounds like a perfect job for iMovie '09s image stabilization (or a similar plugin for Final cut - though you could just stabilize the clips in iMovie and then move them to final cut).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Looks cool!

- Which camera (it looks great)
- Which editor are you using?
- Sometimes the footage is just ever so slightly shaky which makes it lose its "professional" feel. Sounds like a perfect job for iMovie '09s image stabilization (or a similar plugin for Final cut - though you could just stabilize the clips in iMovie and then move them to final cut).

I thought about the shakiness at first, but it's not always there, so I assumed it was on purpose :)

OP
leecho7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm using a Panasonic AG HMC 150, shooting at 1080p/24p.
As editing software, I'm using Final Cut Studio 2.
Sorry for the shakes, but I'm literally filming while working so I don't really have the time to set up a tripod. Plus some of the scenes, especially in scenes like when one of the drive belts is being changed, is really difficult to shoot. The only means for me to do so is by hand.
I've been fooling around with the image stabilizer in FCP, but for some reason it makes it seem more artificial. Like there is some sort of plastic gloss that goes over it or something.
It looks cool, but I'm trying to make it as 'down to earth' as possible.
But I do agree, I really need to stabilize my pictures.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.